Assistant Training Director
UA Online Learning Resources
Local 136 Apprentice Programs
Our Apprentices are required to spend 8,500 hours on the job, under supervision, over a five-year period; as well as successfully complete 246 hours of related classroom instruction during each of the years.
Apprentices will be paid while on the job, at a rate which is determined by the Collective Bargaining Agreement in effect at the time, and based on the number of years they have been in the program.
During the five-year apprenticeship over $20,000 is spent to educate each apprentice. The only cost to the apprentice is a nominal yearly book fee.
Basic Requirements to Apply
- Must be 18 years of age the year of application.
- Hold a high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate and provide certified copy of transcripts
- Present service discharge papers DD-214 if applicable
- Be a legal citizen of the United States of America
- Physically able to perform the work of the trade.
- Successful completion of WorkKeys examination. Module grades needed are: Applied Mathematics (4); Applied Technology (3); and Locating Information or Graphic Literacy (4)
- Must pass 10-panel drug test prior to entering program and subsequent random testing
- Possess a valid driver’s license